Monday, December 26, 2016

Winter Jam 2017 // Better Late Than Never

I cannot believe I forgot to post about Winter Jam!!! There are going to be some great artists on the tour this year.


Britt Nicole 
My cousin got to see her on the tour a few years ago, but she only did the East Coast before Christmas, so she was not there when it came to my area. I was so bummed! But now I get to see her live and I am thrilled! 

Hopeful song: Through Your Eyes 

Tenth Avenue North 
My first concert was TAN's "The Light Meets The Dark" concert when that was their newest CD! I love their first two CD's but then they came out with The Struggle and it was like I was listening to a different band. I did not like it at all, especially the singles. I didn't hear much off of Cathedrals, but I liked a couple of the songs (the singles were great!) and with Followers, I feel like they've returned to the style they had at the beginning; at least a little bit.

Hopeful song: it's so hard to pick one, so I'm not going to try. 

Thousand Foot Krutch
I was SO EXCITED to see that TFK was the rock band this year. I like them (and Skillet) because they are rock but generally aren't screaming. The last time they were on WJ, I didn't know much of their music, but I will appreciate them more this year :)

Hopeful song: probably Courtesy Call  (even though there is a brief screaming part)

Andy Mineo
I really don't know much of his music, but I like rap, and I'm looking forward to hearing him. Honestly, I mostly know him from his collaborations with other artists. 

Colton Dixon
Last time Colton was on the Tour, he only had one album and the popular songs from it were not great favorites of mine. These days, I like more songs than I don't like, and I'm very excited to hear him.

Hopeful song: again, this is hard. I think I'm going to have to pick Limitless

Newsong
Always the staple of WJ, Newsong has some fantastic music. Here is my Spotify playlist of my very favorites. 

Hopeful song: I'm gonna go with Swallow The Oceans



OBB
They're back! Winter Jam's Pre-Jam Party is a great place to discover awesome new artists. I bought OBB's debut album the last time they were at WJ and they've come out with some really good music since then. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing their new music live.

Hopeful song: All Eyes On You 

Also at Winter Jam: Crowder, Sarah Reeves, & Steven Malcom. Speakers are Tony Nolan and Sadie Robertson.

No comments:

Post a Comment