Friday, March 16, 2018

New Owl City Music!!!!

Owl City is back with some new music. He's got a movie theme going, so the songs are released in three-track "reels". The stuff he was releasing after his score projects last year (those were INCREDIBLE!!!) wasn't really exciting me. "All My Friends" is okay, as is "Lucid Dream", "Not All Heroes Wear Capes" is a great song, but musically, didn't work for me. So I'm sitting over here, disappointed that I'm not enjoying his songs, because I really like him, and then comes "Montana". Oh my goodness! (I'm like Ruffnut in How To Train Your Dragon 2: "Okay, I love you again." :)

I'm mildly obsessed with that song, and it's much more the style I like. The new release today, "New York City", is awesome too. I'm hoping he keeps this up. Both of these songs are kind of random and goofy, though they definitely have a theme, and are his electro-pop style that he used to do all the time. It's fantastic!

There was a big uproar a few years ago in the Relient K fandom when they changed their style and sound. They have the right to do that. But they have to know that their fans, who became their fans because of their old style, will be upset and that they'll probably lose a lot of those fans, who don't like the new style. If they are fine with that, then great. Make the change.

I was one of the fans who doesn't really like much of what they release now and just sticks to the old stuff. I'm hoping that doesn't happen with Owl City, but if it does, then at least I have a lot of his old music to listen too. 

Happy Listening!



No comments:

Post a Comment