Monday, February 27, 2017

Tenth Avenue North's new album "Followers"

I am so excited for TAN's new album Followers! It seems like they have "found" themselves again. I'm glad I can enjoy their music again :)

The whole album is wonderful, but my favorites are "Overflow", "I Have This Hope", & "Control". "One Thing" is also fantastic, but I'm not going to discuss it here.


Overflow brings to mind the imagery from Psalm 23, "my cup overflows". It's a very upbeat, positive song that reminds you to focus on and be grateful for all your gifts and blessings. Our cups, or hands as in the song, overflow with good things if we have eyes to see.


I follow TAN on Spotify and they recently did an exclusive live-stream for Spotify followers. During the mini-concert, they explained the inspiration for this song. The Bible verse Isaiah 43:2 was part of the inspiration. As I said, this is one of my favorite songs on the album and Isaiah 43: 1-2 is my confirmation verse. That was a very neat correlation. 


The verse for Control (also told during the Spotify event) is Acts 17:25. This was another cool correlation as Acts 17:24-25 was one of my quotes when I did Bible quizzing. It was very neat that two of my favorite songs were based on verses that mean something personally to me. 

I highly recommend the album Followers. If you like TAN, especially their first two albums, I truly think you'll enjoy their latest release. Happy Listening!  

In case you want to listen to the whole thing....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment